Saturday, January 30, 2010

Worst. Date. EVER.

So, earlier this week I went on a date with a guy I had met the week before when I was meeting with a girlfriend of mine.
This guy was a nice guy, talked for a couple hours at the bar, and then he asked for my number. a few days went by he texted me, and we ended up making plans for the following week.
I immediately knew the date was downhill when I picked him up, he smelled like alcohol but denied it when I asked him if he had a few earlier. We go to the restaurant and the conversation was like pulling teeth. You know what I am talking about, we have all been there. You can't decide if the person is REALLY, really boring, if they aren't into you or both. So I spend a good 80% of my energy trying to get through the dinner portion. The weird thing is, I think he is actually enjoying himself. After dinner we go to the same bar we had met at since we knew the bartender, and I am racking my brain on how to politely exit this horrifying experience.
I fail and I am STILL on the worst date of my life. Now, at the bar, this guy downs 5 drinks I have two. Over a 3 hour period. Oh and at dinner he has two beers in 45 minutes. So you can kind of see where this is going. He gets blasted. Basically. Nightmare. I say I have to leave, and tries to kiss me, no joke. I laugh because I am thinking there is NO way I would EVER kiss this guy. And then he gives me the whole, "I am going to call you". "Please don't", I mutter under my breath. Within 15 minutes this guy has called me three times, and proceeds to text over the night. I of course, ignored his calls/texts. The next day I get a passive aggressive text of, "whatever". That was, so far in my life, the worst date. Ever. Why would I want to do that again?

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry!!! Guys, I tell you! Sometimes they just seem like they aren't worth the trouble.

    ReplyDelete