Wednesday, January 13, 2010

F- I- V

Last night was sibling family dinner at my brother and his girlfriend's place minus one sibling, our sister and her BF. They both love to cook and love each other so being there is really warm and always tastes awesome. Part of being in their place is experiencing their 2 cats. Now, for the record, I like cats I mean I don't have a cat, I am allergic, but they are fine. Cats clean themselves, make almost no noise and basically ignore you. They are almost, the perfect pet. Now, they have one cat who shall remain nameless because this cat, is a bitch. She is the scariest devil of a cat you can imagine. And if you come within 1 and half feet of her, she hisses and strikes with lightening speed at you unless, you are a guy. I call her, "the bitch" . Last night, she scratched 3 of the four guests at dinner. I am the lucky odd man out because I learned NOT to come near her as she has evil eyes. Accidentally last night my brother's GF got too close to "the bitch" and got majorly attacked with scratches. So hard, that we put vodka on it, mostly because vodka is awesome. Vodka can kill germs like FIV, which is what we were saying she has. Last night was, "don't get in "the bitch's" way, she has the FIV". Now, the FIV is an actual virus. Its called Feline Immune deficiency Virus. Sound familiar? HIV is the human equivalent. So, protect yourself from the FIV and don't mess with "the bitch".

On that note, I went running last night, friend. We ran all along a marina here in town and then through the park parking lot. It was very dark and rained off and on. In the middle of our run came this gargantuan flight of stairs. I mean set after set. And the whole thing is super dark. I thought going up these stairs would give me a heart attack and I would die. I had to stop like 4 times to catch my breath and the whole time I kept thinking, "I am going to be so sore tomorrow, this is awesome!" I LOVE feeling sore from working out, it makes me think I actually worked for it. So this morning I woke up and I felt amazing, and sadly not sore at all. Disappointment ensued. Not sure where in the stairs I didn't push myself to the point of payoff, but obviously I did. Sometimes life is like that. You think to yourself, "I am working so hard this will totally pay off" or "work out" or "be the best". And then, you get the results, or it happens, and its NOT paid off or you didn't get the results you want. Its all a re-evaluation. Those are times where I have to be redirected and I am obviously being forced to be redirected. But, that is a good thing.

You can kill the FIV with vodka, but only you can make "it" payoff.


2 comments:

  1. No need to keep "the bitch" nameles. Her name is CLEMENTINE THE CAT WHORE BITCH. My fingers fucking HURT! I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and my fingers were THROBBING. I'm going to get gangrene. They're gonna have to amputate. I hate my life. And my cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If its not gangrene its the FIV! Sorry your hand is so throbbing. Great dinner though! love you!

    ReplyDelete