Saturday, January 16, 2010

can you see?

I went running today, actually for my side job. Its something I love doing but I haven't put the actual time and money into it to make it what it should be. Knowing this, I made a conscious decision for the year Ten, to focus attention in my spare time to this business. Right now, its shoe money. Which, ya gotta love.

I had the coolest couple book a tour. They requested their run be an hour or a 5 mile run. No problem! See some water, see some Space Needle, see some more water and thats a wrap. But, when I met them they requested a couple more sights, making my planned 5 miler an actual 10 miler. I had these people running all around this city and it was one of the best times I have had in a long while.
Seeing Seattle through their eyes was brilliant perspective and I often forget where I live. I found myself wanting to explore more of Seattle and create new memories in this city.

The other day I went to get my eyes checked and to buy new glasses. I went to shop/optometrist that a friend recommended I try out. Now this particular shop is run by a greek guy named Mario. Hmm....sounds Italian to me, but who am I to judge. As I am waiting for my eyes to uncomfortably dilate I am walking around the shop looking at glasses, trying them on etc. Its almost the WORST time to do just that because you can't actually see anything. Your eyes are dilated. Anyway, its getting really warm in the shop and I take off my jacket. Mario says to me, "its hot because I am Greek". "excuse me?" , "yes, you are hot because I am Greek!". Um, at this point I am pretty sure I am hot, because its warm and I am wearing a down jacket. "No, I think I am warm from the temperature". "Yes, because I am Hot, like Greek". I have NO idea what Mario is trying to convey to me right now other than blatant narcissism. So I laugh in a "omg, you have to joking because no one is ever this serious", kind of way. And I put my jacket back on. Because, this guy, is creepy.





1 comment:

  1. So, this guy actually is a very nice guy. The way I painted him in this post isn't as acurate as I probably should convey. I would go back again.

    ReplyDelete