Saturday, April 17, 2010

AAPT Looking...

Over the last few months I have really been contemplating moving out. I mean, I SHOULD move out. I live with my mom. (Thanks mom!) I am 33. Not only should I WANT to move out, I am sure mom wants a life of her own. There are major plus sides to living at home, it is really great. I think people should stay with their parents as long as possible if life at all allows it.

With that said, I have decided its time, and I went Apt looking today.

Things you need when you look for an apt. are as follows:

1) A friend- preferably one with A good sense of humor. And A set of major decent navigation skills.
2) Coffee
3) Phone
4) Some concept of where in the cuss you actually want to live

1) A friend. The friend part is VERY important. Friends help you determine if its a good location, they remember good questions to ask the manager should you forget, and if they are good at it, they entertain you.

2) Looking for apts can be tedious. Calling people, making appointments, asking the right questions...blah blah blah. You need coffee to keep you awake and alert. Plus, it just smells REALLY good.

3) Having a phone that can access the internet is vital. This way you can use awesome apps. Such as, Padmapper. Plus, you have to call the managers.

4)This one is tricky, I mean. I may THINK I know where I want to live, but then get there, and decide there is no way I want to live here, ever. The End. I die.

So today I called a guy about a basement apt I saw listed. Conversation on the phone:

Me: "hi I am calling regarding the apt for rent. Do you have time today to show it?"
LL: "yes, I can show it to you now. When do you want to move?"
Me: "in May, but no rush. Is there a deposit?"
LL: "yes there is, its $900."
Me: "$900? But the rent is only $675....
LL: "well, what do you think it should be?"
Me: "Well, most places are not requiring deposit or its $300-500."
LL: "Do you have a pet?"
Me: "no. but I want to get a small dog in the future"
LL: " Well, $300 for the pet deposit and $600 for the rent deposit."
Me: "um, thats still $900."

Apparently, he saw my math scores and thought he would see if I wasn't improved.
LL= idiot

Needless to say I did NOT rent that place.

A) It was in the basement. With a slope gravel entrance to the front door.
B) The bedroom was AQUA! no joke
C) The living room was yellow. (OMG I just threw up in my mouth.)
D) It smelled like basement. Literally.


Not sure where this adventure is going to take me.
But for now, cheers to major changes, In Ten!

xxx
AL





No comments:

Post a Comment